Monday, June 30, 2008

just an idea...

Hello all...

I am just starting this little blog based on my never-ending quest to support myself as an artist. Many people do not know how to support the arts. There are thousands of ways we can do this and I am hoping that this blog will give you tips, re-assurance and motivation to help support yourself as an artist, an artist in your community or an up and coming young artist you would like to see flourish.

The idea for this blog came to me when I was explaining to a friend all of the different ways I have made money from my art. She was amazed at all the ways people support me. I decided I should share those ideas with others and help them figure out their own path of self-support.

In this blog, I also hope to maybe make clear how one goes about putting value on art. That is hard for everyone to do, including artists themselves.

So, please, check back, as I have a lot to say on this subject...

No comments: